Return to Index  

You can get E2 and Prog if you want them checked

April 13 2011 at 9:16 PM
minniet  (Login minniet)

Response to Okay, Dixiechic...I just got a "no" to the estrogen and progesterone request

Those nurses don't need to interrogate you. You can always say "well, I have many friends at other clinics, and yours is the only one who does not check. It concerned me". It's true, and then the nurses will lay off interrogating you as to what you want to know, which they should know themselves anyway. They are probably not even nurses, just techs.

I would insist. Yes, you are right, they check to make sure levels are looking good to sustain early pregnancy. For myself, I did have a problem and needed extra estrogen when using my own eggs. The clinic always did B/W day of transfer and a few days after transfer.

For DE, I also have had BW checked day of transfer and a bit after transfer before BETA, but I never needed supplementation. Maybe they think if the embies are good, they will attach and you should have good levels if the pregnancy is going to stick.

I am not trying to worry you, I am sure you will be alright, it just peeves me that anyone would make you feel like you should not ask for these things. It's your cycle and your money.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Minniet for the encouragement to request the tests again (if need be...already had) - Veesha on Apr 14
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement