Return to Index  

sorry you had to deal with that (child ment)

April 14 2011 at 6:08 PM
Anon  (no login)

Response to Thanks for this post (adopt mentioned)

Nobody should be required to sit through a lecture from a psychologist before doing DE IVF. Yes, I suspected they would lecture you about telling versus not telling. However, they ultimately have no control over what you choose to tell your child, or how you choose to parent your child. That is none of their business.

I have cycled both in the U.S. and overseas, and never been required to see a psychologist first. I would have refused and walked. Although I do understand some people have limited choices of clinics.

Thousands of people have babies every day, and nobody requires them to get a psychological clearance first. I am always disheartened to read about this going on. In most cases, it is simply another way to line the pockets of those in the counseling/psychology professions. Patients should start protesting these, and refusing to work with REs who require it. If we don't stand up for ourselves, nobody else will.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement