Return to Index  

How many of you considered a sibling for your child .

May 5 2011 at 11:03 AM
zaytune  (no login)

We are in the process of getting the donor contract to start on our very first DE cycle . We( mostly I) did get our dream donor , but she has donated 4 times before us and there is a couple waiting to cycle after us , which means she will be done with the ASRM approved 6 cycles . I was wondering if we did get successful , the odds for getting a sibling for the child with the same genetics will not be good . Being 30 yrs old , she does not make that many eggs/embryos and hence less likely to have frosties . I feel tempted to reserve her for another cycle , but what if we are not successful with the first one itself . Also this cycle itself is costing about 50 grand and money is a consideration as well . I was wondering how many of you that got successful , thought of these things . The main reason I want a sibling ( other than the fact that I would love to have tons of children) is that I think it would be too much pressure for a single child being donor and all . We plan to be notell to the world , but will tell the child at an age that we havent decided on . Please share your experiences .

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. My regret (kids ment) - Pinkduck on May 5
    1. Re: My regret (kids ment) - Zaytune on May 5

2. I understand (kids mentioned) - MM on May 5
    1. Re: I understand (kids mentioned) - Zaytune on May 5

3. She may do very well and give you lots of frosties - Anonymous on May 5
    1. Re: She may do very well and give you lots of frosties - Zaytune on May 5
      1. pg and mc ment - Anonymous on May 5
        1. Re: pg and mc ment - zaytune on May 5
        2. Re: pg and mc ment - zaytune on May 5

4. Re: How many of you considered a sibling for your child . - Anon on May 5
    1. Re: How many of you considered a sibling for your child . - Zaytune on May 5
      1. Our donor stayed for less time - Obie on May 6
        1. Some clinics want the donor to stay local for monitoring - Anonymous on May 6
        2. Re: Our donor stayed for less time - Zaytune on May 6
          1. Similar path here - Anonymous on May 6
            1. Re: Similar path here - zaytune on May 6
              1. Re: Similar path here - Anonymous on May 6
    2. Re: How many of you considered a sibling for your child . - zaytune on May 5
      1. Re: How many of you considered a sibling for your child . - Anon on May 5

5. the pressure of being a DE child - THK on May 5
    1. Re: the pressure of being a DE child - Anon on May 5
      1. States would be abroad for THK - Maggie in VA on May 6
    2. Re: the pressure of being a DE child - zaytune on May 5

6. A few thoughts... - Funintheskies on May 6
  8. Re: How many of you considered a sibling for your child . - anonymous on May 6
    1. Suggestion - Funintheskies on May 6

9. Our experience ****children ment**** - Jessica on May 7
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement