Return to Index  

Still debating CGH or no CGH

May 7 2011 at 8:40 AM
LadyMagoo  (no login)



Here I am again/still with the same darned question. Thank you for your collective patience in helping with this decision. We have to decide by Monday. DH and I are like pendulums on this issue. One day yes, one day no. Sometimes we back and forth in the same conversation.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken or missing anything, but I think the pros and cons break down like this:

* risk of damaging the embryo
* risk of a false-positive or false-negative if the cell they happen to biopsy is abnormal in a way the other cells are not

* increase our chances of identifying the healthiest candidates, recognizing that it is not 100% certain, only 90%

We are with SIRM, where they do a Day 3 biopsy for a Day 5 transfer. They vitrify remaining embryos. We are planning on a single embryo transfer, whether or not we do CGH.

Also, what is mosaicism and how does that correlate with CGH? I've read up on it, but frankly, still do not understand.


 Respond to this message   

  1. Re: Still debating CGH or no CGH - zaytune on May 7
  3. Mosaicism - Anonymous on May 7
    1. Re: Mosaicism - zaytune on May 7
      1. pg ment - Anonymous on May 8
  4. up to 60% - anon on May 7
    1. I have asked about the stats - Anonymous on May 8
    2. Thank you - LadyMagoo on May 8
  5. And today's weather report... - LadyMagoo on May 8
    1. LOL - my weather report for today is to do CGH - Anonymous on May 10
  6. I recently insisted upon it - Christine on May 8
    1. Wow, good luck with your transfer! - Anonymous on May 8
      1. no, really it's not... - anon on May 9
    2. Wow! Good luck and thanks for sharing! - LadyMagoo on May 9
  7. We're doing CGH. - LadyMagoo on May 9
    1. GL to you - anon on May 9
      1. Thanks again, - LadyMagoo on May 9
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement