Return to Index  

Re: We're No Tell, so can we tell OB that the embryos were from an FET in my late 20's?

May 15 2011 at 10:16 AM
zaytune  (no login)

Response to We're No Tell, so can we tell OB that the embryos were from an FET in my late 20's?

That would seem very fishy to the OB . Does not sound like a good idea .What reason would you have to have done IVF then and transfer now ? I have been wanting to be notell as well , atleast to begin with . I have no idea what I will do when the time comes and would love to hear from others who have been there . I have thought of two potential scenarios .One is to not tell at all and the most obvious thing would be enhanced risk in the screening tests due to age . I could think through the results of the particular screening myself and with the help of this and other boards etc . And decline amniocentesis etc , knowing that my real risk is not high due to donors age . Overall I do not like this idea , as I feel the OB needs to know , I am not sure in what ways DE pregnancy is different from OE , especially if problems arise . Option number two , hint to the OB that we do not want any documentation of possible DE , without actually acknowledging it . Not sure how practical this is . The more I think of this , the more I feel like telling the OB for sure . I do want to tell the kid/'s(hopefully) at some point , so not completely no tell .

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Well, I just used my FET's, so I did have some from (child ment) - K on May 15, 2011
  3. how much prenatal testing are you planning? - Skye on May 15, 2011
    1. I'd be comfortable telling them it was from an FET in my 20's - K on May 15, 2011

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement