Return to Index  

Knowing what I know now . . .

May 17 2011 at 12:34 PM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to Hysteroscopy Heal time -- Copperman or Palter

In your shoes, I would just tell your RE you need to think about next steps and go see what Dr. Copperman or Palter has to say. Lots of ladies/couples need time off to decide what they want to do next during their ttc journey, so that shouldn't surprise him.

Now, I had assumed that it would be months of healing, but when the doctor at GIVF had me back for my follow-up visit after my hysteroscopy about six weeks after the procedure, I asked him when I could cycle, and he said, "You're as good as you're going to be. You can start whenever you want." Now, that scared me, too: was he saying that if I *didn't* move quickly, I'd risk the scarring reoccurring? (Because, at that time, my husband announced that if I wanted kids, we'd have to divorce.) So, I don't know what they'll tell you.

Like me, you have banding, but in a more critical part of the womb that is more likely to prevent implantation or cause m/c. For my own part, I really wonder whether my surgery was necessary -- it was banding in the upper corner of the ute. They'll have you on HRT to help heal the wounds.

If you got the "A" list, then I guess you signed on to the, so these are probably good questions for that list.

GL, and keep us posted!

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   

1. Re: Knowing what I know now . . . - Daisy7412 on May 17, 2011
    1. I should know, b/c I got my clinic to get the price for me . . . - Maggie in VA on May 17, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2015 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement