Return to Index  

Knowing what I know now . . .

May 17 2011 at 12:34 PM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to Hysteroscopy Heal time -- Copperman or Palter

In your shoes, I would just tell your RE you need to think about next steps and go see what Dr. Copperman or Palter has to say. Lots of ladies/couples need time off to decide what they want to do next during their ttc journey, so that shouldn't surprise him.

Now, I had assumed that it would be months of healing, but when the doctor at GIVF had me back for my follow-up visit after my hysteroscopy about six weeks after the procedure, I asked him when I could cycle, and he said, "You're as good as you're going to be. You can start whenever you want." Now, that scared me, too: was he saying that if I *didn't* move quickly, I'd risk the scarring reoccurring? (Because, at that time, my husband announced that if I wanted kids, we'd have to divorce.) So, I don't know what they'll tell you.

Like me, you have banding, but in a more critical part of the womb that is more likely to prevent implantation or cause m/c. For my own part, I really wonder whether my surgery was necessary -- it was banding in the upper corner of the ute. They'll have you on HRT to help heal the wounds.

If you got the "A" list, then I guess you signed on to the ashermans.org, so these are probably good questions for that list.

GL, and keep us posted!

Maggie (in VA)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Knowing what I know now . . . - Daisy7412 on May 17, 2011
    1. I should know, b/c I got my clinic to get the price for me . . . - Maggie in VA on May 17, 2011

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement