Return to Index  

coding (child ment)

May 21 2011 at 7:11 PM
Anna  (no login)

Response to My OB

Your OB is probably right although I think there's a fine line between what is infertility related and what is routine testing in some cases. For example, the saline ultrasound be used to detect scar tissue from my previous c-section. So if my intent in looking for scar tissue is because I want to conceive it's infertility related and not covered but if my intent is because I have residual numbness it's covered. Bizarre.

What if I'm at my OB/Gyn's office and I ask for advice about how to conceive? Is that now infertility related and potentially not covered?

But this demonstrates how ridiculous it is that infertility is treated differently than other conditions.

My first RE coded everything as "menstrual disorder" so none of it was applied to my infertility max. I'm not sure why he did it given that I have infertility coverage and this is a mandate state so most of his patients would also have coverage.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement