Return to Index  

I put up with a so called 'Mother'...

May 31 2011 at 11:28 AM
anon  (no login)

Response to Interesting comments already being made!

like this for my entire life. sharp, hurtful, underminding comments and jabs were her trade mark. oh, she thought she was so clever and witty and that was her way of "gently" persuading me to do and think how she would prefer I would.

well that blew up in her face eventually when she crossed lines she could not come back from, and as a result, her and I have not spoke in over a decade. I finally realized that the woman was not good for me to be around for MY mental health. she would upset me so that it would take me days to get over her rude remarks after spending only short amounts of time around her. she is, in short, a B! one of her last foul mouthed things to say to me was that she had 'given up on me ever giving her g-kids'! talk about an ouch after suffering numerous m/cs. I have had the last laugh though in the end, now that I have become pg and had children after a long fight, oh she wishes she could see my kids and be a grandmother...too bad! sad.gif if she can't treat her own daughter with common decency, she will not be any different with g-kids...and I am not willing to test that theory to find out if I might be wrong. she doesn't deserve the pleasure of my children and I sure the heck am not going to give her a chance to start taking cracks at them like she did at me. Oh, and to be fair, she is this way with nearly everyone she comes into contact with, not just me, so it's not that she and I alone have a difficult realtionship. she's just rotten in general.

maybe my situation is extreme, maybe your mother is not as cruel as mine, but trust me, it can happen that some Mothers can be awful heartless to their own children, both small and grown. only you can determine how much you are willing to put up with, with what and how much she dishes out. I for one do not believe in having to tolerate anyone's bad behavior, even a family member. if they are abusive, they are abusive and need kicked to the curb! never be afraid to stand up for yourself!

GL!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. - thesameboat on Jun 2, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement