Return to Index  

Thank you all so much(preg/adopt ment)

May 31 2011 at 9:40 PM
  (Login 40mommy)

Response to Interesting comments already being made!

It makes me so sad and angry what some of you have been through. I am grateful for your guidance and support but so sorry to hear there are so many repulsive people out there. Many of whom we call family. My DH is awesome and so incredibly supportive of OUR family regardless of who may be making rude remarks. We have an 18 month old that we adopted at 14 days and, surprise, no one says stupid stuff about his birth mom. I guess that's a good start and we can work from there in helping to teach our family the proper language to use. Not to mention explaining, again, that I AM the mother, no one else.
I do appreciate the "killing them with kindness approach" and will definitely use this when I need to be diplomatic! I think I may choose some of the stronger arguments in dealing with the MIL and my mom who should know better. Nip it and nip it fast.
In the end, we are pregnant and so very lucky. This is my focus and I refuse to let anyone rain on my parade. My umbrella is bigger than their ignorance, or hostility, whichever!!
Thanks again ladies. This board is one of the best things I've ever joined and I adore each and every one of you.
Blessings and best to you all!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I just want to say one more thing - BBG on Jun 1
    1. Clarification (cause the edit button seems to be gone) - BBG on Jun 1
      1. BBG is exactly right - anon on Jun 1
        1. no edit...not the first, nor the last to have done so. n/t - anon on Jun 1

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement