this is crazy!June 5 2011 at 10:37 PM
|Anna (no login)|
Response to mammogram, OB coding as infertility related
A routine mammogram is not infertility related! If I had a doctor pull that kind of crap on me I would find another doctor. Just because a routine test is required by the infertility clinic does not make it infertility related.
You should call your insurance company and ask how it should be coded. Routine mammograms for women over 40 are covered under insurance regardless of the diagnostic code. However, if it is coded with infertility it will probably get denied. Your insurance company will probably instruct your doctor to bill it with another diagnostic code to ensure that it will be paid correctly. If that's the case get the instructions in writing so you can give it to the the OB's office.
But I have to say that if it was me, I'd find another doctor. That's so stupid that I couldn't respect him/her anymore. Routine testing is not infertility related regardless of whether the RE orders it.
- cancer ment. - Dee on Jun 5
- Re: cancer ment. - Anna on Jun 5
- Your OB needs to order it yearly for females over 40 anyways - bethphx on Jun 6
- thanks. cancer ment, disease ment. - Dee on Jun 6
- Re: thanks. cancer ment, disease ment. - Anna on Jun 6
- infertility coding - Dee on Jun 6