Advice needed please - DE with brother's sperm or DSJune 6 2011 at 7:05 PM
|Anonymous (no login)|
I need your advice on how best to move forward with DE. I'm single, and considering 2 options:
1. DE and brother's sperm.
2. DE and Donor Sperm
I am currently leaning towards Option 1 due to the genetic link, however, I'm concerned about the following:
1. If tell, how do I explain to the child that their uncle is their genetic dad?
2. If no tell, how do I answer the "who is my genetic dad" question?
3. If I go with DE and DS, I have insecurities about not having any genetic link to the child and the probability of the child searching for both biological parents someday, and possibly bonding with or appreciating them more than me.
I'm in turmoil over this, and realise each option has pros and cons, however, I know you are a bunch of intelligent and supportive ladies, therefore I hope your contributions and advice will lead me to the option with the best outcome and least hassle.
Please be as open and honest as possible, and thanks in advance for your help.
- Option 2 without a doubt. - Dee.S on Jun 6, 2011
- hands down brother' s sperm - anonymous for this on Jun 6, 2011
- Hmmmmm - Anon also on Jun 6, 2011
- Single also and the one cycle I got to do donor egg and had a choice of sperm (success) - BlessedThistle on Jun 6, 2011
- Less hassle = DS - NOLA on Jun 6, 2011
- Re: Less hassle = DS - Anna on Jun 7, 2011
- Well of course it's naive! - NOLA on Jun 7, 2011
- #2 - anon on Jun 6, 2011
- OK #3 not #2...NT - anon on Jun 6, 2011
- If it were me... - K on Jun 6, 2011
- I would choose brother's sperm. As long as he is healthy and you - Kacee on Jun 6, 2011
- I would want to know the answers to a few questions first.... - E&H on Jun 7, 2011
- Tough one - Al on Jun 7, 2011
- Considered asking brother; went w/DS - Maggie in VA on Jun 7, 2011
- If needed, would've done option 1 but DH refused - Anonymous on Jun 7, 2011
- Not sure but - Anonymous on Jun 7, 2011
- This is a JOKE, right? - Anon7 on Jun 7, 2011
- No need to get nasty . . . - Maggie in VA on Jun 8, 2011
- Not mean - Anon7 on Jun 9, 2011
- how would this be any different then if she used an eggs from a sister?nt - Kacee on Jun 8, 2011
- Thank you Ladies!..... - Anonymous on Jun 7, 2011
- You can't go wrong w/ either decision! ((( hugs))) - K on Jun 8, 2011
- I know someone IRL who used DE + sibling sperm (child ment) - Anonymous on Jun 8, 2011
- Personally, I would go DS but I'm not saying you should - Aoife1 on Jun 8, 2011