Return to Index  

What I think ...... (children ment)

June 12 2011 at 8:22 PM
E&H  (Login Chrismal2)

Response to Which clinic will you choose? Why ( mentioned ethnic/ race/colour)

I think I once sent you a photo of my donor who was half Indian and half caucasian, my husband was African so I guessed that any child/children born would be dark curly hair with darkish skin so the ethnicity of the donor was not too much of an issue for me. My first donor was fully caucasian - my first DE baby has the dark eyes, dark curly hair. However, the twins born from second DE are very different and although both donor and hubby had the dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin my twins are fair skinned, fair curly hair, one brown eyed, one blue eyed - no one would ever guess they weren't my genetic children.

So, in answer to your question, I think it is very important to have a donor with similar colourings to you and your husband and I would probably go for a good clinic in the US and maybe look on surromomsonline for a donor who matches you and introduce her to the clinic of your choice.

Oh, by the way, the previous lady my donor donated for was Sri Lankan and her husband was quite dark Hindu Indian, they had a little girl and that little girl is very white - she often gets comments on how white the baby is - and this was with Indian/Caucasian donor and very dark Indian husband.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I always like your inputs - Bharani on Jun 12, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement