Return to Index  

more thoughts

June 14 2011 at 7:57 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to Thank you

I just wanted to respond back because I had a previous DE failure as well (the donor had a lower egg quality and yield than in my own cycles -- I was 34 at the time). In the end, after 6 years of trying for a baby, I just wanted to move away from infertility and towards my life happy.gif I decided let go of an Indian donor, and look for a donor whose traits I would want to pass along with my child -- more than just looks. It was totally liberating.

Its your decision of course, but I still feel that there is a great variability in the way Indian people look. Even in just one family - we have people that look nothing like one another - with all different skin shades, features and body types. I know some families have different eye colors, although ours did not.

I think two dark parents can easily explain a light baby on recessive genes -- if you are no tell. (My baby looks like his aunt X...) It would be harder for two light parents to explain a dark baby. I think either way, your husbands genetics will prevail, and you baby will look mostly Indian. Plus you will be carrying and raising your baby, so they will definitely be Indian.

Just my thoughts, I know they are different than others here, so I wanted to share to give you another perspective. And give you some support if you go with a non-Indian donor. (I did, and couldn't be happier with the lovely donor that we had for our child -she has so many fabulous qualities that I couldn't find in the limited supply of Indian donors, and in the end I wanted my child to benefit from those qualities). Good luck with whatever you chose.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks - Bharani on Jun 14, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement