Return to Index  

Donor Embryo

July 13 2011 at 8:16 PM
Anna  (no login)

Response to Hi, Ladies! New over here, just looking for some advice if you have any! (Embryo Donation

We're going to be doing embryo. There are only a few clinics in the US that have active donor embryo programs. Some other clinics have programs just for their own failed IVF patients. It's easy to get on the waitlists throughout the country. The clinics usually require an initial consult which can be done by phone. They have a list of tests they require which are the same as those required if you're doing IVF so you're probably up to date.

Prices in the US run from about $4K to $6K without meds. Some clinics require psychological counseling. The clinic in NM told me that I would have to see their counselor even though I don't live there. They're also the most expensive so I didn't get on their list.

The clinic in Reno has embryos available now. FASA in Southern CA has a waitlist of about 4 to 6 months. California Conceptions isn't really donated embryos. They use donors to create frozen embryos for shared cycles.

We decided to do donor embryo overseas and I'm currently planning a trip to Spain in September. The biggest programs are in the Czech Republic, Spain and Greece. All of the clinics have no wait for embryos. We choose Spain because in Spain they are truly donated embryos. In the CR and Greece they are double donor embryos created using the using the eggs of backup donors. It strikes me being like embryo manufacturing or something like that.

We choose to go overseas for two main reasons. First, there is no wait. Second, when you go overseas they choose the embryos for you. You send the clinic a picture and information about your background and they choose embryos from "parents" who are similar to you. I got one of the embryo lists of available embryos and it made me a little bit uncomfortable. I don't want to choose.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Actually NM was one of the cheaper options I found - BlessedThistle on Jul 13, 2011
    1. Re: Actually NM was one of the cheaper options I found - mary on Jul 14, 2011

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement