I really respect your opinions and would like to bounce some ideas off of you...You may not remember but the reason I am doing DE is because my four year daughter is disabled- basically has CP due to poor heart function at 3 months which may/may not have been caused my a mitochondrial disease which may/may not be genetically inherited. There are many unknowns but bascially this is a disease in which there are so many mutations that it is nearly impossible to say if she actually has it and if it is the type she has inherited. We decided after 4 yrs of weighing options to not take any chances and do DE. I was actually more ok with it than my DH because I did not want to go through this again. With mitochondrial disease- it can range from mild to severe and if inherited, is recessive so around 25% chance with each pregnancy. Some kids just have tummy issues, while more severe can have heart or brain issues.
So you know I have had lining issues and my frozen cycle ended in miscarriage. We have been trying different mocks since last December and I feel like I have been on meds for so long and this is so frustrating! Especially because going into this we though it was a sure thing. We did not technically have "infertility" problems and were doing this for genetic reasons. We have now realized just how little control we have over the process and life in general
So now my husband has brought up the idea of us trying naturally again. Or at least nit using birth control until our next cycle and letting "whatever happens happens." Initially, I was open to it because I felt frustated with my beta roller coaster and felt like maybe I should have faith and if I can conceive on my own, go for it.
So my thoughts change on a daily basis- first I think great- how easy I get to get pregnanct on my own no drugs-and the chances are in our favor that we would have a healthy baby- I just need to have some faith. Then the next day I think absolutely not- why would I take that chance- w just sent 25K and have 13 blasts waiting- although at 4k a pop- for FET's. I do not know which way to go...then part of me wants to put two embies in next time to up the chances- even though we were opposed in the beginning because we already have a special needs child-how could I care for twins too?
Thanks for listening to my rant...I know there are pros and cons to both and we are not guaranteed a healthy child with DE either but I would love to hear anyones opinions...