Do Friendships Survive this...?August 25 2011 at 2:38 PM
|Calm (Login Calm118)|
I am in the middle of my 2nd DE cycle...after numerous OE IVF tries...My best friend in the whole world (who lives about 300 miles away) started her IVF journey as I was finishing my 2nd OE cycle. She too has not yet met with success and has decided to try DE...she is in the middle of her first DE cycle.
She and I are opposites. I post and read here (as well as everything else I can read and learn) - she doesn't at all, relies on her clinic. I crave the data, she never wants to know anything. At her last OE IVF retrieval, she didn't even want to know how many eggs - they only told her DH. Each of us is navigating this in our own way - and I don't judge her at all...but neither of us has our best friend to lean on as a result. She doesn't want to talk about it at all - and I want to all the time She is decidedly NO TELL and I am 100% TELL...
No matter what the outcome...(other than both BFPs)...the strain, the stress, the jealousy, the sadness...can a friendship survive that? We have talked about it and know that communication is key. But when one of us just can't talk about the details day to day...will we have the foundation to navigate this if one of us gets a BFN? My logical brain says we are friends and that will survive all - even if we hit a rocky patch...but I miss my confidante.
Anyone have a similar situation...any tips to make our friendship stronger during this?
- I don't know (child mentioned) - birdy1600 on Aug 25, 2011
- Honesty - Calm on Aug 25, 2011
- I don't know. I don't have any friends before DE that I share with. All of my DE friends - Kacee on Aug 25, 2011
- An oh how thankful - Calm on Aug 25, 2011
- I lost a real life IVF friendship - THK on Aug 26, 2011
- Oh boy - Calm on Aug 28, 2011
- My "BFF" and I no longer communicate, especially about ttc.. - Issla on Aug 30, 2011