Return to Index  

Hope this won't be viewed as politically incorrect . . .

September 12 2011 at 1:22 PM
Maggie in VA  (Login maggie1961)

Response to Let us talk about bding - argument with DH last night!

First, one thing I've learned over years of dealing with depression (not necessarily about IF) is that there is a real value to maintaining physical intimacy with your partner. If you loved your husband enough to marry him, that's still inside you, but it sounds as though you've gotten almost phobic about sex from your experiences ttc, and that I understand, not with relation to sex, but lots of little things that trigger the sadness from those days. For example, there's a restaurant we used to eat at where I had an emotional breakdown watching all the kids around me, and I'm not sure I could go there again, even with my kids.

So, I'm going to suggest extending yourself and maybe even approaching him about sex. It's the "act as if" principle. Focus on reconnecting with him. IMHO the risk you take if you don't overcome this is that it will snowball and hurt your marriage further, and you have a child, and being estranged from your husband can only add to the pain of your current struggle to get pg.

Sorry this is hard for you, and wishing you well!

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

This message has been edited by maggie1961 on Sep 12, 2011 2:25 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I wish we had "like" button as on FC:) Agree with Maggie, - LizLA on Sep 12
  3. "Like" ETA - BBG on Sep 12
    1. BBG and Maggie are really right on - minniet on Sep 13
    2. You all might be right, but... - Renata on Sep 13
      1. Renata, I don't think we are in disagreement - BBG on Sep 13
        1. Thx BBG - Renata on Sep 14

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement