Return to Index  

Just keep your eyes on the prize and go for it....(child, pregnancy mentioned)

September 16 2011 at 9:37 AM
Scrapfoo  (no login)

Response to Very nervous about my first PIO shot

It really is worse than it looks. I have done many cycles and, at first, had my DH give me the shots. We both have jobs that require us to travel so I knew this arrangement wasn't going to last forever. Soon, I found myself in a hotel bathroom with my body all twisted so I could give myself the shot. Guess what....it was much easier and less stressful to do it on my own.

Since that day, I have done all my own shots. I stayed on PIO for about 16 weeks when pregnant with my DD (now 18 months) and almost 18 weeks with my current pregnancy (I'm 30 weeks pregnant with b/g twins). Some tips....
Put the bottle of PIO under your armpit for about 10 minutes before you do the shot. This will warm it up and make it thinner.
If you get some welts, wet a washcloth and stick it in the microwave..then put it on the injection spot for a while until you feel better.
Ice up the area before you give the injection. I did this for a while, but stopped because it wasn't really helping.

I know it is intimidating but it is completely and totally worth it. Best of luck to you!

Scrapfoo

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Just keep your eyes on the prize and go for it....(child, pregnancy mentioned) - Intermountain on Sep 17
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement