Return to Index  

I have done so many cycles, that it it not much of an issue and I just

September 17 2011 at 9:30 AM
  (Login Kacee56)

Response to Very nervous about my first PIO shot

stick it in. I is nice if you have someone to do it for you. Personally, I feel the 25 gauge is just too small, it makes it extremely difficult to push it through the plunger, even for my dh. Even with a 22 or 23, I sometimes have to use the wall to help push it in, if doing it by myself.

I always draw up with an 18 or 20 and then switch needles to the larger gauge number, which is actually a smaller needle. If you are concerned about pain, get a little plastic baggie with ice and put it on the area for 15 or 20 minutes. You will not feel a thing. I did this in my first cycle, but after that, just did not have time for the whole ordeal. After you inject, warm compresses with massage, with help the area from getting huge knots. Don't be surprised if some leaks out or some blood comes out. If it is blood, put some pressure on it with gauze.

Each of you girls can do this. Someone charging me $49 to do it, would have me sticking that thing in, just because I was pissed off..

Good luck to you.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I have done so many cycles, that it it not much of an issue and I just - Intermountain on Sep 17
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement