Return to Index  

Read this! GREAT response to this article from an egg donor......

September 22 2011 at 7:06 PM
Chris  (no login)

Response to NPR's "Making Babies" series - story on donor conception

I copied this straight from the comments section!!

Monica M (MonicaMarie) wrote:
Overall, this is one of the better stories I've read on egg donation. Far too often, any media coverage of egg donation is sensationalized and either vilifies or victimizes donors. The biggest issue I have with this article is the statement "So what will happen if baby Waverly grows up to be curious about her anonymous donor mother?" I would like to clarify that the egg donor is NOT the mother of any children resulting from the donation. I'm so tired of hearing terms including "biological mother, donor mother, etc" to refer to donors. Years ago, I donated eggs several times. Some couples remained anonymous or stopped contact after the donations, others kept in contact and I've met their children. I can tell you unequivocally that my feelings toward the children result from the donations are not maternal. I will always care about the couples to whom I donated and I will always be grateful for the chance to help them have a family, but those feelings in no way compare to what I feel for my own three children.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That's from Monica, she is a longtime poster on this board and the pink board - Anonymous on Sep 22
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement