Finally ready to post! everything ment'd....v, very long!October 22 2011 at 12:16 PM
|LMD (Login lovemydoggies)|
Firstly my thoughts and prayers are still with Kacee and her family at this very difficult time and I will try and attend the prayer/reflection time with all the other board members today at 3PST.
I cycled in the Czech republic for our second fresh DE cycle - first fresh and subsequent frozen ended with positive betas that then kept dropping. I had done 4OE ivfs here in new york with my first having a beta of 218 to drop to 150 drs told me to stop the meds then betas kept doubling then u/s with heartbeats etc til 9 1/2 weeks then no hb. d&c done and normal fetus. I still feel that had i not been told to go off my progesterone that the outcome may have been very different. I was so naive back then ugh.
so anyway we transferred 2 blasts with none to freeze. the day after transfer while i was still in czech republic I received some terrible news about an older dog of mine that had to be put down. I was totally devastated and cried for hours. my poor dh was beside himself worried about me (i travelled alone this time!) thinking i would sob the embryos right outta my uterus. i had a glass of red wine i was so distraught. I arrived back the next day and fell sobbing into his arms. I sorta gave up on the cycle as I was so down in the dumps.
at 7DP5DT i started testing positive on the digital but i had been down this road many times before so I didn't get too excited. I had my first beta on monday HCg 127 progest 26. again I had been here before so we didnt get excited. second beta wed HCg 287 prog 20. was happy with beta not happy with progest!. third beta fri HCg 616 progest 18! so the beta is good and doubling but the progesterone is falling. My doc here said up the progesterone so I emailed the dr in czech and he seems to think that everything is fine! i am erring on the side of caution and i am taking more progesterone.
i am still very unsure and i haven't really accepted the fact yet that i am indeed pregnant. i have another appointment monday with a blood draw and perhaps an ultrasound. we are still in denial. i want to say a special word of thanks to my cheerleaders THK, thesameboat and Mary. and I want to thank hope2009 for opening me up to visualization even tho I suck at it! LMD sorry for the very long post!
- Re: Finally ready to post! everything ment'd....v, very long! - Amelia on Oct 22
- Oh LMD, I was wondering how you were doing. - margolis on Oct 22
- 'I only know enough to be dangerous' !!! Hahahaha! - thesameboat on Oct 22
- Likewise Sameboat. - margolis on Oct 22
- What a wonderful memory! nt - thesameboat on Oct 22
- Congratulations on your positive beta. I am so sorry about the loss - Kacee on Oct 22
- LMD - ks on Oct 22
- I am so happy to hear that you're upping the progesterone! - thesameboat on Oct 22
- Congrats on your BFP! - Mrs. M on Oct 22
- Re: Congrats on your BFP! - mary on Oct 22
- Congrats, LMD! (Edited to remove ticker; sorry) - Jen on Oct 22
- thank you everyone for all the kind words..... - LMD on Oct 22
- Congratulations....m - Hope2009 on Oct 22
- congrats!! - Kay on Oct 22
- Fingers crossed for you from another Czech clinic mom . . .. - Maggie in VA on Oct 23
- Good luck on Monday. - Raindrops1 on Oct 23
- Progesterone (preg ment) - Aufrecht on Oct 24
- I am very, very happy for you! - Christine on Oct 26