Return to Index  

Response

November 3 2011 at 8:14 PM
GulfGal  (Login GulfGal)

Response to questions about donor agency, contracts. lawyers

In general, do most of you use the lawyer recommended by the agency to review your contract? Isn't this a bit like the fox watching the henhouse?
I found an independent lawyer. Yes, I thought it was like the fox guarding the henhouse to use their recommendation.

For any of you from VA (Maggie, I think?) do you have a lawyer you recommend to represent you?
I don't know about Virginia. I'm on the Third Coast.

Is it common to wire money to a Wells Fargo account for the agency?
Yes, I had to do a lot of money wiring with my first agency. I didn't like it, but it was their protocol. The second (successful) agency, I just wrote a check and they were a lot cheaper.

Are there any limits on travel exp for donor? I would never put her in a dump, I would choose something like Hampton Inn but personally I would not expect 5 star accommadations. What's to prevent huge travel bills if the travel money is just held in a trust account?
My first agency was not a good steward of my money. They didn't want to tell me where they were putting up the donor, as if I would stalk her or find out her identity. I told them I was the one who wanted the donation to be anonymous, but they were adamant about not telling me, which made me feel weird about how much money they were going to spend on travel and meals. It's more than a year later and they still owe me some money back from travel not spent or overspent.
The second agency was a good steward and told me everything before they made a move. You just have to stay on top of them.

Thanks for the help!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Response - Cheryl on Nov 4, 2011
  3. Paying anything up front really turned me off... - minniet on Nov 4, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement