Return to Index  

Giving Hope

November 9 2011 at 9:54 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to Agency feedback - new to board

Our final decision came down to NE Fertility or Giving Hope. We ended up finding a donor on GH website that we really liked so that was ultimately the tiebreaker. We had been trying to find someone local to keep the expenses down but in the end we decided not to let the decision be based on $$ but on the donor we felt best about. Yes, easier said than done but I figured what's a couple more thousand when you're talking about this kind of $$. It's breaking the bank for us but this is it so we didn't want to compromise on the donor characteristics that were most important to us. Our cycle is planned for Dec & I can't say enough good things about Giving Hope. I spoke initially with Katy Encalade who was very responsive and helped us through the process of selecting a donor. Once we found someone, I was assigned a coordinator who manages all the details between my clinic, the donor, the lawyers, etc. She has been great as well. She just sent me an email the other day to "see how I was doing" because we hadn't spoken in about a week. Who does that? Their fees are a little less than NE Fertility and they compensate their donors on a graduated scale. 1st timers I believe get $5K. Ours is a 2x proven donor & we're paying $7.5K. I believe NE donors get $10K regardless of past experience. NE seemed to have more donors in the Northeast whereas Giving Hope seemed to be more heavily concentrated in the midwest & west. They both have large donor databases though, we just found what we were looking for through GH. Good luck!!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement