Return to Index  

Advice needed: Question for Gyn.....

November 15 2011 at 7:04 PM
Bunnygal  (Login Bunnygal)

OK...so after lots of hanging around thinking/planning/praying...tomorrow I am scheduled for my yearly gyn. appt....However, this one is also for my gyn. exam to get records sent to my RE to start the DE process.
Been talking w/dh about whether or not to mention this to my gyn. I've had this gyn. for 20 years. When I was 38 (44 now) I offhandedly mentioned I might want to try to have a babe. She was not nice about it and frankly, it still hurts when I think about her negative reaction. This is a catholic hospital and I'm thinking they won't do it with DS.(which we have to do, due to dh vasectomy) I did contact their fertility office, but I didn't get a positive response....I think basically, all they do is IUI w/dh's sperm (I'm not 100% sure about that, but they sure don't seem like they want to)

So, here's my question/dilema....I'm thinking, just go tomorrow, get the exam, etc and zip my mouth shut...then get records sent to RE......then, but what if she won't be my ob/gyn because I used DS? DH says, "surely they wouldn't do that"....well, if that happens, I'll just go somewhere else
Problem is this: I would really like to talk to her about it, as I value her opinion...but what if she strongly disapproves....I just don't want to hear that negativity right now...but at least I would have asked her and could get her opinion. this is a woman that has known me for 20+ years, and I'd like to ask her stuf like, "In your opinion, am I healthy enough for a pregnancy?" and things like that.....

Then I think....what if I get pregnant, would I wish I just hadn't said anything to her about it?
How do you deal with this?? AND do you have to tell you ob/gyn you used DE?

Thanks so much for your advice

love you all

bg

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. i used an ob and .... - LMD on Nov 15
    1. congrats to you, LMD.... - Bunnygal on Nov 15

2. Re: Advice needed: Question for Gyn..... - Denise on Nov 15
    1. good point... - Bunnygal on Nov 15

3. Why was the gyn "not nice" about it before? - Jen in TN on Nov 15
    1. hi, Jen..... - Bunnygal on Nov 16

4. A few things here - E&H on Nov 16
    1. thanks, E&H - Bunnygal on Nov 16
    2. on sperm (friend's success ment) - Jen in TN on Nov 16
      1. wow, really..... - Bunnygal on Nov 16
        1. RBA is a great clinic-- - Piper on Nov 16

5. I think if it were me .... - Pict on Nov 16
    1. Feel the same way . . . - Maggie in VA on Nov 16
      1. thnx, Pict & Maggie... - Bunnygal on Nov 16

6. I changed doctors - Dee on Nov 16
    1. good to know... - Bunnygal on Nov 16

7. GO TO ANOTHER OBGYN!! - Piper on Nov 16
    1. Hear, hear!! Loud applause for Piper's post - BBG on Nov 16
      1. I'm logged in but there is no edit function - BBG on Nov 16
    2. ectopic pregnancy - Dee on Nov 16
      1. mispelling in post above - Dee on Nov 16
        1. A board member relayed her experience with Catholic hospitals and ectopic - BBG on Nov 16
          1. Re: A board member relayed her experience with Catholic hospitals and ectopic - anon for this on Nov 17
          2. Inappropriate posts - Anonymous on Nov 17
            1. Provide the facts then, if you think these posts are lacking - BBG on Nov 17
              1. agree - Anon on Nov 17
      2. that is not true - Anonymous on Nov 17
        1. Re: that is not true - Anonymous on Nov 17
          1. Re: that is not true - Anonymous on Nov 17
          2. i don't have to google it - Anonymous on Nov 17
            1. Re: i don't have to google it - Anonymous on Nov 17
              1. Anons, if you could edit your names to differentiate from each other - BBG on Nov 17
            2. You got lucky. Here is an excerpt from the link provided. - BBG on Nov 17

8. thanks to all.... - Bunnygal on Nov 16
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement