Return to Index  

Embryo Transfer Cancelled Today

November 17 2011 at 8:49 PM
Anonymous  (Login Micheletk1)

Hi Everyone

Doing my first DE IVF Embryo transfer today at FIRM in Jacksonville, I was wheeled in to do the transfer and the doctor noticed bleeding (not spotting) and said it was not best to proceed due to the embryo's being contaminated, etc. He was pretty stunned as he said he basically has never seen a woman bleeding, even though five days ago for my ultrasound check everything looked normal and E2 and Progesterone were normal. Has any one heard of an ET cancelled due to bleeding and basically my period has started. My cycles have always been irregular, but this was ridiculous and truly heartbreaking, especially after my husband and I driving 4.5 hours for this. But we do have 2 great ones to freeze and potentially 3 more embryo's that could make blast stage to freeze, all from a shared cycle. Good thing we did the Shared Risk Program at FIRM talked about on these boards. Has anyone heard of this kind of situation? Was my protocol screwed up with the progesterone? I was on Vivelle Dot 0.1 mg 4 patches a day (now down to 2 every other day for a week), and was on 2 cc's of 50 mg/ml of Progesterone oil shots I started after the donor had her egg retreival Saturday. I have been told to stop the progesterone for now. The clinic is going to start me on Provera and suggested I would probably need vaginal progesterone and the shots for the frozen transfer. Needless to say it was a long drive home, but we are optimistic our frosties will be what we are waiting for.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Happened to me! - ks on Nov 17, 2011
    1. Re: Happened to me! - Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011
      1. I would! - ks on Nov 17, 2011

2. Re: Embryo Transfer Cancelled Today - Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011
  4. I am so sorry - Julie on Nov 17, 2011
    1. not logged above so can't edit -- success implied nt - Julie on Nov 17, 2011
    2. Re: I am so sorry - Anonymous on Nov 17, 2011
      1. Sorry for the disappointing day! - Crazy Lady on Nov 18, 2011

5. So sorry - Pict on Nov 17, 2011
  7. Oh, no! (no advice) - thesameboat on Nov 18, 2011
  9. So sorry for your disappointing day. - Mrs. M on Nov 18, 2011
  11. I am really sorry to hear this - Seymo on Nov 18, 2011
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement