Return to Index  

My history... (failure mentioned, miscarriage, cancer, death mentioned)

November 18 2011 at 8:22 PM
CrazyLady  (Login CrazyLady42)

Response to sorry I am showing my medical training. Hx means history. (n/t)

Dh and I tried to conceive the old fashioned way for years with one pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage of our little boy when I was 38 years old. After that I was diagnosed with Ovarian Failure. DH and I reluctantly decided to live our lives to the fullest without children.

One year ago my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We preserved some of his semen before he started treatment because as soon as I heard his diagnosis, I couldn't imagine my life without him (or part of him) in it! We immediately started on the DE journey.

We had our first transfer in Fresh DE cycle on July - transferring 2 day 3 embryos not so good looking embryos that were the only embryos remotely meeting the criteria.

My husband died 7 weeks later (3 months ago). I had 3 vials of his semen remaining. After much prayer and pondering, I chose to continue this journey one more time and try for the child that we both wanted, a little bit of such a wonderful man, a true love, an amazing marriage.

This time we used a proven donor.

As of today 19 of those little guys were still growing and I am scheduled for a day 5 transfer on Monday. Getting on an airplane in a few hours to head out of state to get to the clinic!

Check in when I can!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement