Well, a Reproductive Immunologist would run a series of tests that RE's don't doDecember 5 2011 at 1:32 AM
|thesameboat (Login thesameboat)|
Response to What are the immune tests I need to get done?
They check for ANAs (antinuclear antibodies), for MTHFR, for killer cells, for chlamydia (I know your gyn does a swab for this, but they can miss it. A blood test is the only sure way. I know. It happened to me. I apparently carried it around for 10 years but it was too high up for the regular tests to catch. It was discovered after my first 4 DE transfers failed)...
One idea for laypeople could be to read the book 'Is your body baby friendly?' It was written under the guidance of the man who first treated immune issues in women ttc, Dr Beer.
Good luck to you.
- reproductive immunologist - Dee on Dec 5
- My internist - demomone on Dec 5
- I'm not in the US, but - thesameboat on Dec 5
- Actually, you do need someone with RI background - minniet on Dec 5
- Sher (no offense to anyone please) - anon on Dec 5
- I agree about getting test results in hand - Ariadne on Dec 5
- Yes, that was my experience, too, minniet - Ariadne on Dec 5