Return to Index  

My sister is pregnant and Im not sure how to feel..

December 20 2011 at 4:21 PM
  (no login)

Hi,

I have known I'd need IVF for 15 years, now 30 yrs old. My sister has been trying to get pregnant and after some trouble concieving for a few years they have managed it naturally. She has just called to tell me. At frist I felt really excited then as she started telling me about her symptoms etc I started to get tearful (hid this from her)as everything she is describing is what I would like to feel. To top it off, she will be due the same month as we have our IVF next year. It will be great if the IVF works out, but if it fails, I just know its going to be so emotional welcoming her new baby while carrying that awful feeling of loss a failed cycle brings. My husband is away working for the first 5 months of the year so I am going to be on my own hearing all the news of the pregnancy (which dont get me wrong I want to hear, but I just know its going to be so hard) and I am worried about how I will cope.

She was telling me how my mum reacted and I soo wish to giev my mum that reaction too.

I am so happy for her, but I guess just feeling selfish about wishing it was me too. Its hard enough when its girls from work walking proudly around with their bumps.

Has anyone had this experience too? Please tell me how you copes/dealt with it. Should I tell my sister im going to find it difficult or keep quiet? I don't want to ruin her telling me everything like sisters should but Im also worrying about blubbering on her!

Any advice appreciated x

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. does she know about your struggles? (preg ment) - cotton on Dec 20
  3. J- so sorry this is so tough (m/c ment) - Mrs. M on Dec 21
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement