Return to Index  

advice/support?

January 5 2012 at 9:22 AM
anon for now  (no login)

I have been a long time lurker and have appreciated all the wisdom that I have gained from this board. We are in the midst of our first(and possibly only due to $$) DE cycle. We are at a clinic in Boston using a proven donor (both pregnancies from frozen cycles) and today is the day of retrieval. So far I think things have gone well with 16 follicles and E2 of 2900 on Tuesday but never having done OE IVF this is only based on what they tell me.
At this point, they only want to go to 5 days if we have more than 9 embryos....we would prefer 5 days regardless of the number of embryos due to the higher success rates and the fact both previous pregnancies were from frozen. Also my husband is pretty nervous about transferring two because of the risk of twin pregnancies due to the possibility of prematurity, etc. The clinic's usual routine is transfer 2 if it is a 3 day and 1 if it is a 5 day. My opinion is transfer two at either point but I am more emotional and less logical perhaps.
I would appreciate any opinions because although I have several friends that have done OE IVF I don't know anyone else that has done DE. Help....kind of at that freaking out period!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. If you're doing your first DE transfer, I'd only transfer one blast - thesameboat on Jan 5
  3. pregancy/twins mentioned . - zaytune on Jan 5
  5. I transferred 2 and got 1 - Katie Robins on Jan 5
  7. A hard decision - karma on Jan 5
  9. THANK YOU - anon for now on Jan 6
  11. I would go for one (children mentioned) - BlessedThistle on Jan 6
  13. In your circumstances, ESET is probably good . . . - Maggie in VA on Jan 6
  15. we only wanted to transfer one, but open to 2 if embryos looked sucky (pg) - Anonymous on Jan 6
  17. Re: advice/support? - anon for now...update on Jan 6
    1. Re: advice/support? - Anonymous on Jan 6
      1. Re: advice/support? - anon for now...update on Jan 6

18. Re: advice/support? - catmama on Jan 6
    1. Re: advice/support? - anon for now...update on Jan 7
      1. Oh best of luck to you!! - karma on Jan 7
      2. Re: advice/support? - Mamaheart on Jan 12

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement