Return to Index  

I'm doing shared risk too

January 17 2012 at 4:10 PM
Seymo  (Login Seymo)

Response to x post posting for Friend anyone working with Shady Grove?

I love love Dr. Chang. I have only done one cycle so far (and it was a BFN) but I can say I have no problems at all going forward with him as my doctor. I can't recommend him enough. That said, I can't stand my cycle nurse. But now that I understand her and how the program work a bit better I can make it work with her. At least for now. The other nurses have been excellent. I have only worked with Dr. Chang as my doctor.

As far as success rates they are at or above the national average for donor egg. On their website they break it out for shared donor egg cycles (1,2, or 3 recipients) which is extremely helpful when comparing other programs. You can find the break down herehttp://www.shadygrovefertility.com/donor-egg-success .

Overall they report a 62-65% clinical preg rate (%embryo transfers) regardless of the the number of recipients. Their FET stats are about 47% but you have to remember that because of the shared risk program with an emphasis on 5day transfers, there is going to be a treatment bias in favor of fresh transfer outcomes.

I think they do a great job of catering to the out of town patient. I was able to do all of my intake and commence a cycle with a single office visit. That visit was the model of efficiency and I had plenty of time for a long visit with Dr. Chang.

That said my cycle was not great for me due to some stupid mistake on the part of the nurse. But that could happen anywhere I suppose. I should also say that I have not been with them long and my case is straight forward (bad eggs, no other problems). It will be interesting to see how things go after my FET at the end of the month.

This message has been edited by Seymo on Jan 17, 2012 4:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. another Chang patient (success and failure ment) - Julie on Jan 18, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement