Lupron not working...can't even do fresh cycle. Need advice/thoughts/encouragement?February 8 2012 at 8:43 AM
|MacRita (no login)|
I can't even believe it. I recall reading this happening to Seymo and couldn't believe it...must be one in a million, I thought...
Starting my very first DE cycle at SG and now the Lupron isn't successfully suppressing my completely useless ovaries after nearly 2 weeks. My FSH in my late 30s was in the 80s. I haven't had a period in over a year and now this (and its a useless attempt at ovulation, confirmed by other bloods). Can't move forward with a fresh transfer because it's a shared cycle and they can't hold up the other recipient (understandable). All doc can say is this is bizarre, he doesn't know why, but I have to keep taking it and retesting.
I'm full of anxiety now. They tell me my mock went well and I have no other issues. Since my reproductive system has done nothing but fail me for 4 years, why would I have hope? My DH keeps saying he has hope, but that hope was what kept me from moving to DE a year ago...and now i feel I've lost so much valuable time based on nonsense hope. All I can do is keep thinking the whole thing will fail, because that has been my history. If I have POF so early, and now my body won't cooperate here, what else is going to fail? And knowing that FETs have a lower success rate (looks like 52% v 36% at SG for vitrified), when I finally get to transfer the frozen embryos, why would I feel positive? I know DE isn't guaranteed, but I didn't think I would get clipped at the starting line.
--Does anyone know/has heard of lupron being ineffective long term on someone with my details? Did it cause damage?
--Does anyone know of anyone who has gone on to success despite this kind of thing?
--Presuming I can cycle at some point, and I had 2 frozen blasts, would you recommend transferring both? If they had been fresh, I would've done an eSet, since I'm learnign that for me what can go wrong will (ie, health risks to twins). Now I'm concerned even one "perfect" won't implant.
Any advice? I feel like throwing in the towel and I haven't even gotten to start.
I'm really struggling emotionally. I didn't anticipate this at all...failed transfers, I was sort of anticipating, but not self induced ones. Talking to social workers/therapists doesn't help.
- so so sorry... - Melissa on Feb 8
- Re: Lupron not working...can't even do fresh cycle. Need advice/thoughts/encouragement? - Anonymous on Feb 8
- @Melissa -- Does this mean we might never get to cycle? - MacRita on Feb 8
- Re: @Melissa -- Does this mean we might never get to cycle? - Denise on Feb 8
- @MacRita and Denise - Melissa on Feb 8
- Thank you, Melissa. - MacRita on Feb 8
- To your point, Denise...opposite lupron effect? - MacRita on Feb 8
- Re: To your point, Denise...opposite lupron effect? - Denise on Feb 8
- that's my next conversation with the dr...thank you. - MacRita on Feb 8
- I don't have an answer for you but maybe a little hope (success ment) - Julie on Feb 8
- Thank you. ((hugs)) I will meditate on that response. - MacRita on Feb 8
- So sorry, MacRita.. - Leigh on Feb 8
- Told it was rare! So don't worry too much... - MacRita on Feb 8
- 6 day blasts? - Mamaheart on Feb 9
- Barge to Mamaheart (success mentioned in passing) - thesameboat on Feb 11
- That sucks - Seymo on Feb 8
- My simple understanding... - MacRita on Feb 8
- Success ment. - Denise on Feb 8
- I'm so sorry. And I have a question. - thesameboat on Feb 8
- I know, nuts, right?! - MacRita on Feb 8
- Actually, I wasn't menopausal with my successful cycle (numerous failures, 1 success) - thesameboat on Feb 8
- this is what I've been wondering, too... - Leigh on Feb 8
- I have seen this happen - E&H on Feb 8
- Nope, white chick of Northern European decent. But... - MacRita on Feb 8
- ha, descent...also, thanks for adding the woman's success ;>} You guys are the best. - Anonymous on Feb 8
- Stop all soy - E&H on Feb 8
- Yep, many years ago... - thesameboat on Feb 9
- E&H you advice here:- could she be injected with a depot injection - Daisy on Feb 9
- we do that too but - E&H on Feb 10
- I don't use lupron, just go straight from BCPs to estrogen... - Kenny on Feb 9
- Re: Lupron not working...can't even do fresh cycle. Need advice/thoughts/encouragement? - Mamaheart on Feb 9