Return to Index  

So, I'm having lunch with my priest today (religion, death of spouse mention)

February 22 2012 at 1:44 PM
  (Login CrazyLady42)

... and suddenly I'm quite nervous. We're close and he's a good pastor, so I know he just wants to check on me because it has been 6 months since my husband went to paradise. I have a lot of respect for him...

I'm nervous because I kinda want to talk to him about my upcoming cycle (adopting embryos) - but I'm worried that he'll tell me something that I don't want to hear about what the Catholic church "thinks" about that.

My heart tells me it's a wonderful thing... but I know what he might say would matter to me.

Has anybody ever talked to Catholic priest about DE or embryo adoption? What did they say?

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Welcome to my world, CrazyLady... - Leigh on Feb 22
    1. Thanks, Leigh - I will check your post and replies - CrazyLady on Feb 22

2. Some ideas (Kid ment, death mentioned) - Aufrecht on Feb 22
    1. Thanks, lady (suicide, cancer mentioned) - CrazyLady on Feb 22

3. You know . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 22
    1. Well actually... (long and philosophical - LOL) - CrazyLady on Feb 22

4. Did you see this? - BlessedThistle on Feb 22
    1. Yes... - CrazyLady on Feb 22
      1. It blows me away that some actually put the sanctity of marriage above human life - BlessedThistle on Feb 22
        1. Well, if you don't count the Abraham Project . . . ETA - Maggie in VA on Feb 23
          1. If sexual intercourse is what connects you with your children, something is wrong with you - BlessedThistle on Feb 24
            1. Re: Love ya BlessedThistle - CrazyLady on Feb 24

5. I haven't talked to a priest - KerriA on Feb 22
  7. I think it would depend on the specific priest. - Raindrops1 on Feb 22
    1. The main thing he had to say... - CrazyLady on Feb 22

8. I'm a little late replying since it is suppertime but... - Mrs. M on Feb 22
    1. I like this story - CrazyLady on Feb 22

9. Its ok whatever he thinks - THK on Feb 22
  11. Re: So, I'm having lunch with my priest today (religion, death of spouse mention) - Anonymous on Feb 22
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement