Return to Index  

Welcome to my world, CrazyLady...

February 22 2012 at 2:05 PM
Leigh  (Login leigh74)

Response to So, I'm having lunch with my priest today (religion, death of spouse mention)

I posted about a similar topic a few weeks ago and got some wonderful, wonderful support from the women on this board. My situation is different - it's a family member who is in the seminary AND he's the brother of my donor, so it's admittedly a bit complicated. Still, even though I already knew about his fundamental objection to IVF and DE, when he confronted me it still hurt my feelings a great deal. Check out the thread here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/thread/1326427524/Touchy+subject--family+member+with+ethical+issues...

I hope you get nothing but support from your priest, but it might be nice to hear some words of wisdom beforehand. Best of luck and please let us know how it goes!

Leigh

P.S. I forgot to mention... I have actually talked to a priest about embryo adoption. The Catholic Church is actually somewhat supportive of this, despite their objection to IVF and DE. Even though the embryos created by IVF "shouldn't have ever been created in the first place", at least their adoption prevents them from being destroyed...

This message has been edited by leigh74 on Feb 22, 2012 2:09 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks, Leigh - I will check your post and replies - CrazyLady on Feb 22, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement