getting accepted into a refund programFebruary 22 2012 at 4:45 PM
|nycmomma (no login)|
Wondering if anyone here in the 45-49 year old age range has gotten accepted into a 'refund' or 'guaranteed risk program'...?
I've been looking at a clinic in the MidWest that is very well rated. Their web site says they accept women up to 49 as long as they can complete the cycle by age 50. I spoke to the nurse coordinator there today, and she said there's a chance I would NOT get accepted into their refund program because of my age. She said that I would have to have a consultation with a maternal fetal specialist who may recommend I not transfer more than one embryo which would automatically disqualify me from their program.
The web site says nothing about the maternal fetal consult, that was a bomb I got today on the phone. The coordinator said I would still be allowed to do a regular single cycle there.
I'm frustrated because I've spent a lot of time researching, finally narrowed down this clinic and am now learning that they may not even accept me... and I chose them specifically because they have a refund program I like.
Anyone here gotten into one?
- Was trying to get into GIVF's by 47 - Maggie in VA on Feb 22
- yes... - nycmomma on Feb 22
- Re: yes... - Anonymous on Feb 22
- yes, that's the one (anyone who's been to CNY, please add your 2 cents!) - nycmomma on Feb 22
- Success ment. - Denise on Feb 22
- email chat? - nycmomma on Feb 22
- Re: email chat? - Denise on Feb 22
- here is fine - nycmomma on Feb 22
- my opinion- - Piper on Feb 23
- Re: my opinion- - nycmomma on Feb 23
- absolutely understandable... - Piper on Feb 23
- any thoughts on how to go about finding such a place? - nycmomma on Feb 23
- Re: here is fine - Denise on Feb 23
- yeah, the pricing is right... - nycmomma on Feb 23
- Re: yeah, the pricing is right... - Denise on Feb 23
- Argh, whatever you do . . . - Maggie in VA on Feb 23
- RBA does look good... - nycmomma on Feb 23
- additional info, in case anyone is interested - nycmomma on Feb 22
- I did the refund program at CNY - karma on Feb 23
- pg, miscarriage, BFP, etc MENTIONED ABOVE (nt) - karma on Feb 23
- which refund program? - nycmomma on Feb 23
- For us - karma on Feb 23
- Is this an Attain refund program? - Raindrops1 on Feb 22
- no, it's not... - nycmomma on Feb 22
- I had a similar experience with AFCC in Chicago - Anon on Feb 22
- Got accepted to Attain/Integramed - zane on Feb 23
- good to know - nycmomma on Feb 23
- Shady Grove Shared Risk DE Program - Beansprout703 on Feb 23
- we did, yes - nycmomma on Feb 23
- Re: we did, yes - Anonymous on Feb 24
- another cny grad everything mentioned - patty on Feb 23