Return to Index  

Peace be with you and your mom Minniet...m

March 7 2012 at 6:19 PM
Hope2009  (no login)

Response to Heading out Friday to see Mom, thanks everyone

I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this at this stage of your ttc cycle. I do know what this is like as my mom has been suffering from dementia for a few years now and in fact was diagnosed around the time that we were moving forward with our first DE cycle. There was a time that I thought I should just let go of my dream and care for my mom but it wouldn't have changed things for her in the end had I done so.

While dementia can go on for years...and I thought she would be with us for awhile...when she had several falls last month and finally ended up in the hosptial where they did a ct scan we were told that she would only have a few months to live as her cognitive ability was so low.

We never thought it would be less than a week after the diagnoses. She died of a stroke in my sisters arms last Tuesday, Feb 28th. It was a peaceful and quick passing.

I had been reading a precious book in Feb, called, "Final Gifts' and it truly was a gift to me as I saw she was giving us many early death awareness signs even though she wasn't really communicating well with words at the end of her life. She did tell us that she wanted to see certain people...my oldest sister responded to late and arrrived from out of town an hour after she passed. Also, she was talking about taking a trip and also there were many moments where she would stare off into the distance and smile at something we could not see...all magical now that I look back and she was definately telling us that she was leaving.

So Minniet, this is what I wanted to say...by going you will never have any regrets...hopefully you can have some time where you are just holding each other's hands and looking into each other's eyes and those will be the golden moments to last a lifetime. It's so hard to say goodbye to our mothers as we are trying so hard to become mothers...so much emotion is tied to this journey. I pray your mom has peace...as do you and you can both move on from here...on your respective paths...knowing that you are both so loved. When we are in that state miracles happen.

Hugs from Hope

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hope I'm so sorry about the loss of your Mum last week... - lauranz on Mar 8, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement