medical records other than cycle records--March 12 2012 at 3:35 PM
|Piper (no login)|
Response to You don't see the donor's med records
anything pertaining to medical information the donor provided...(copies of genetic testing for example--although, again, I would prefer my own RE to do any of that type of medical screening)
the donor should have her stim records and records of her egg retrieval--it is just everything after the egg retrieval that becomes the other IP's medical records. And her records can be sent directly to your RE.
Also, if you do not desire contact but wish it for your future child, there are several good ways to set up the contract so this is a possibility 15-25 years down the line. You do need a good ART attorney for you and another good attorney for the donor--although the agency will have one, they are not representing your interests.
This is a lot, isn't it? But you will be through this stuff soon! Wishing you the best of luck!
- Genetic testing, child's future contact - minniet on Mar 12
- almost too much, yes... but getting through with people's help here...! - Anonymous on Mar 12
- oops, above post was me (nycmomma) n/t - nycmomma on Mar 12
- Attorney- - Piper on Mar 12
- yes, the attorney has extensive knowledge of ART law... - nycmomma on Mar 12
- (much empathy) - Piper on Mar 13
- thank you so much, Piper - nycmomma on Mar 13
- Piper is right: No regrets! - minniet on Mar 13
- okay... - nycmomma on Mar 13