Return to Index  

Could it be Thrush?

March 21 2012 at 1:43 PM
Aoife1  (Login aoife1)

Response to UTI goes on and on

I'm not a regular sufferer of thrush but I have had UTI's in the past many time and I worry about kidney infections as I have had UTI's develop into kidney infections when they were not cleared properly by the antibiotic. Anyway, recently I had two diagnosis of UTI's, one in Jan and another exactlly a month later in Feb. Some white cells showed up on the dip stick test and so they sent sample off to lab for testing. The strange thing was the UTI lab result initially came back as inconclusive on both occasions but a repeat suggested possible UTI so I was given antibiotics. When in March the symptoms returned again just three weeks later (two weeks from ending course of antibiotics) the dip test showed traces of white cells but the sample culture came back clear. My doc then suggested it was thrush and treated me accordingly but I think the symptoms were identical as the first two times and I wonder if I had thrush all along and it was just misdiagnosed. Then of course the antibiotics would make the thrush worse. My symptoms were frequent urination during the day as well as vaginal itch mainly at night and a very slight white discharge, very minimal. If you've had thrush before you probably will know the difference but since I only had it once in my life prior to this I had forgotten the symptoms and now that i know I really think I didn't have a UTI on the earlier occasions. Its just a thougtht.....

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I was wondering about this - minniet on Mar 21
    1. I got this on our successful cycle... - lauranz on Mar 21
      1. I just popped the pill for thrush - minniet on Mar 21

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement