Return to Index  

It's so hard... (success mentioned)

March 23 2012 at 4:47 PM
annie  (Login annie_h)

Response to Feeling confused

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I completely understand how much you want to find the "perfect" donor and one you really connect with. I went through the same thing. But after losing out on a few of those, I just really wanted to get on with it. And most of all, I wanted to be successful. So yes, ultimately I did decide to go for one who had already done two cycles that resulted in babies. There were things about her that I definitely liked, but her profile didn't tug at my heartstrings the way I had hoped one would. But what I can say now in retrospect is that I do tear up at the very thought of her because without the help of that kind, generous young woman I wouldn't have my beautiful DD. As one very wise woman on this board said to me when I was agonizing over choosing a donor, the "perfect donor is the one that you succeed with."
Hugs and good luck to you. I know you'll figure it out and make the best decision for you.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement