Return to Index  

Could have been a sperm issue (success)

March 23 2012 at 10:18 PM
BlessedThistle  (Login Blessed_Thistle)

Response to Feeling confused

Surely it wasn't her first cycle if she is available for a split? She must have given success to another mama prior?

I looked for proven and a good producer when doing the donor egg route (before switching gears to donor embie). I wanted a donor with at least a bachelors who seemed to be fairly well above average intellectually. I wanted a good family healthy history. On the shallow side, I wanted a donor with a small nose and full mouth and dimples. Being single I wasn't especially interested in a perfect match for my appearance because with egg and sperm donor's appearances beng different from mine and producing a child who might not resemble me much, people would just assume my child looked more like the father and not me.

When I turned to donor embryo, the profile I chose didn't tell much about the appearance of the donors so I left it (not without trepidation) up to fate/faith what my kids might look like. The egg donor was a 31 year old family friend and had never donated. I don't know how many fresh there were but one took and eighteen were frozen. They then had twins. Donated embryos and first recipient had twins. Five blasts were left when I chose them and I too had twins. So older and nonproven worked out pretty well! And my kids actually look like they could be my genetic children, oddly enough.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. BlessedThistle - anonymous for now on Mar 24, 2012
    1. Why would they offer a nonproven donor with a negative under her belt for a split? :/ - BlessedThistle on Mar 24, 2012
      1. well... - anonymous for now on Mar 24, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement