Return to Index  

Re: Do a search on California Conceptions on this forum . . .

April 2 2012 at 5:25 PM
  (Login JackieN68)

Response to Do a search on California Conceptions on this forum . . .

Thanks for the information. Since posting my initial post, I have started reading some of the more controversial threads about this program. I agree that this isn't an embryo donation program in the typical sense. They are creating embryos using donated eggs and sperm. I don't have a problem with it ethically, but I do understand why some would. I would have a problem if they were charging an outrageous fee for this service and making a huge profit, but the $9,800 fee they are charging for up to 3 cycles is in line (on a per cycle basis) with what other clinics are charging for embryo donation and it is way cheaper than is typically charged for donated eggs. To me it is more like a hybrid egg donation/embryo donation program in that I will be getting the high success rates of egg donation with the much lower cost of embryo donation. That is actually what attracted me to the program.

As it was explained to me at my consultation last week, the egg donors are first matched with up to 3 waiting families. Once the matches are made, the eggs are fertilized with donated sperm and the resulting embryos are used for those 3 families (2 embryos each). The embryos are not created and then stockpiled somewhere for future use. They are all already earmarked for specific families at they time they are created. Since I live local, I could choose between fresh or frozen transfers. Of course, fresh transfers would require that my cycle be synched up with the egg donor's. For those not living local, the embryos are usually frozen because of the timing difficulties when travel is involved.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Do a search on California Conceptions on this forum . . . - Anonymous on Apr 2
  3. Wow, if you could do fresh tx's . . . - Maggie in VA on Apr 3
    1. Maggie- - Piper on Apr 4

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement