Return to Index  

Another question

April 19 2012 at 1:57 PM
BBG  (Login biogal)

Response to Thanks BBG

That is great about your DH! Well, I guess - sometimes I would be so frustrated when tests would come back normal because it meant we still hadn't found the problem.

With only two blasts left, it isn't worth it to do this, but if you do another donor cycle, I really highly recommend CGH. We decided we would take our chances on the fresh transfer of our last cycle but had planned that if that also failed, then the remaining frozen embryos would get CGH tested. If you remember, that's what Wilson finally did and was able to identify the two normal embryos she had in her remaining batch and she had success. I just think there are far more abnormalities in donor egg embryos than we realize. It gets complicated too because sometimes an abnormal embryo can "recover" in utero and go on to be a healthy baby. It makes it hard to know what to do.

I think CGH will become the gold standard for all IVF cycles in the future and we will look back on current practices and say "wow, why did we just transfer embryos blindly not knowing their makeup?"

Forgive me if I've also asked this before and you've already answered - my brain is fried from sleep deprivation, stress, and menopause! But have you done the Dr. Kliman endometrial phase test? If you haven't, you can do his protocol regardless because it's one of those things that won't hurt you if you don't have a problem, but will help you if you do. All it really is is a more graduated ramp up of progesterone in preparation for transfer, but it seems to be the ticket for a lot of women. Too much P4 too quickly will make endometrium inhospitable.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Barge re: Kilman protocol - Christine on Apr 19, 2012
    1. More info? - minniet on Apr 19, 2012
      1. Dr. Kilman's EFT - Christine on Apr 19, 2012
      2. Also, I had done another endo biopsy before - Christine on Apr 19, 2012

2. Barge re: wilson and her CGH testing (pg ment) - Anonymous on Apr 19, 2012
    1. CGH - minniet on Apr 19, 2012

3. Just a reminder that Wilson also had a clotting disorder - Daisy on Apr 20, 2012
    1. I was treated with a lot of immune rx - minniet on Apr 20, 2012
      1. I did those (sub high EPA fish oil for intralipids) last time but did one more thing... - BlessedThistle on Apr 21, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement