If Donor was cxld, did you try and use her a different month?April 26 2012 at 1:44 PM
|Violet (no login)|
Our donor might be canceled. As I have mentioned, she has an AFC of 22 and is a 1x proven donor (the other couple is pg). She is not stimming well for us at all.
Tomorrow will be more bloods to see where we are however my RE feels there is a 10% chance of this pulling through.
If we have to cancel, we are facing a lot of decisions. As I have mentioned DH has melanoma and his surgery is in 2 1/2 weeks. We were hoping to use fresh sperm before the surgery. We have no idea what the news will be for him after surgery so we are hoping that we can get this done before then.
My RE said we have two options. We could use her again and they will be testing her to see if anything else pops up before then. So, that could be about a 4 month wait as we want to make sure DH's semen is okay after his surgery (they have to do a radiative treatment to see if the cancer spread to the lymphs).
And then there is a the worry that the cancer has spread and that is a whole different story.
The 2nd option is to get down to RBA. My clinic has a strong relationship with them and I have all the requirements done for RBA because we were thinking about using them. The negatives of this is it would cost us a lot more, we really like our donor and we would have to scramble to get down there asap.
Did you have success with a donor that was canceled?
I can't believe this is happening.