Return to Index  

You articulated all my feelings so well (please don't read if you are religious)

April 27 2012 at 4:54 PM
anon (minniet)  (no login)

Response to Same here (children ment)

Your journey sounds like mine, especially the embarrassing goddess pics...happy.gif

The theodacy part is the real clincher for me. And it started well before IF -- seeing so much pain and unfairness in my family with mental illness, natural disasters, freakily horrible deaths and pain. Stillborns, children born with diseases which will take their life in a few months...it is incredibly insulting to me when people say things are "meant to be" or that God has a plan we do not understand.

Sorry if I offend, but honestly, either God is either not very powerful (so, what kind of God is that?) or he/she is a real bastard and either chooses not to intervene or is like a child punishing people for not doing what he wants them to do. Either kind of God is pretty sucky.

Perhaps I will try the Universalist church. I DO believe in the power of love and faith (in people and love and good) and that is what draws me to such possible community.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. The funny thing is, I prefer being around religious people - BBG on Apr 27, 2012
    1. I still believe we can all get along! :) - birdy1600 on Apr 27, 2012

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement