Return to Index  

Agency and clinic

April 27 2012 at 5:00 PM
minniet  (no login)

Response to Why was she labeled proven when obviously she was not?

Agency (Peas in a Pod) defined proven as having completed a cycle with eggs. (Yah...I didn't like that either, but she was so young and did so well under stims...) I wonder if there is pcos involved here. And she was still not so $$$ as proven (fee was $7000 for donor)

Clinic said that her performance looked good, but it was up to us as to whether we should proceed knowing she failed the fresh. Hubbie and I proceeded since she looked good enough for the clinic and she had frozens from the other cycle and we did not know the other couple's history and Stanford does not have great stats.

There is some blame to go all around.

I will wait for doc's response, but maybe they can cut us a deal to transfer these embies into me (with absolutely little hope they will work out) and then we can also look for another donor...hard to believe.

I think the agency may forego fees if a donor does not work first time? Have to look at contract.

I certainly hope that the agency did not allow us to proceed with fresh if they had this information, but I think in fact the other couple did the frozen at the same time as we did our fresh. Had I known it was that close, I would have waited on the outcome before proceeding. Honestly, they were a bit cagey about the FET of the other couple, and I do not know why...to prompt me to proceed (though I was the one pushing to move it along) or simply because they did not have the info yet.

They have been honest with me all along, so until I know otherwise, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement