Return to Index  

Just thought I'd add... (child ment)

April 28 2012 at 10:54 PM
Emilyr99  (Login emilyr99)

Response to Religion/faith?

Last Christmas, DD asked what is was all about. It was a very long conversation of me saying...... The Christians believe that blah blah blah.....

She then asked what a Christian is. I have always been honest with her about everything, so I told her the general idea and answered any questions she had, but I won't let my mum take her to church. If she decides that she wants to follow that path when she is older, that is her choice, but I don't want her coming home from Sunday school with my mum upset because mummy and daddy aren't going to heaven.

I went through a time of really hating Christians (no offence intended) and as I was a leader for many years, I know how to answer most questions with non committal answers. I don't hate god, but I will never set foot in a church again unless it's for a wedding or funeral.

Having said that, if it works for someone else, I'm more than happy for them. I want DD to grow up accepting of all people regardless of age, sex, race, sexual orientation or religion. I pride myself on being non judgemental and I hope to instil this in DD.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement