Return to Index  

recommendations for DE clinics

May 4 2012 at 2:04 PM
Anonymous  (Login kerryhm)

Hi,

My dh and I just failed our first ivf cycle miserably - only 2 eggs and none fertilized after expecting to get more (several empty follicles) - and have been considering DE as an option for a while. I'm 41 almost 42 so although my levels seemed ok and we were hopeful going into the cycle the odds weren't in our favor. My dr doesn't feel that trying again would give better results so we need to move on at this point. I'm actually at the top of the waiting list for DE at my clinic but they don't do a ton of donor egg and the SART results aren't great (they told me because they had a number of known donors who were older and didn't work). Their results for the under 35s are pretty good so I assume that's a good sign. Right now though, I'm just associating them with failure and not loving my doctor (although the others are nice) but in general over a year of iuis, cycle delays due to cysts, etc. they have been pretty ok to deal with. I'm wondering about going to Shady Grove in MD or another place that does a lot of DE and seems to have good statistics. Any thoughts on doing this rather than using a smaller program? Does any one else have recommendations, preferably on the east coast? I'm near Philly. Do some of you use agencies rather than the clinic's donors? Is there any benefit to doing that? Just trying to figure it all out as a newbie. Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

We just found out about the failed cycle yesterday so still feeling like I got hit by a truck but I've been checking this site for a little while and have been very inspired by your stories. It's comforting to know that OE isn't the only way to go and it's helped me get through this whole difficult experience.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. SG Grad - sucess ment, m/c ment - Julie on May 4, 2012
  3. SG almost graduate (preg mentioned) - Mrs. M on May 4, 2012
    1. Another SG almost graduate - Beansprout703 on May 7, 2012

4. I cycled at RBA with their frozen eggs, and had success. - margolis on May 5, 2012
  6. thanks for the info! - Kerry on May 6, 2012
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement