Return to Index  

New...and high anxiety

May 8 2012 at 1:31 PM
Antonialisa  (no login)

I am a lurker, relatively new poster and received some great advice a couple of months on this board. Thanks once again for your wisdom. I really need your help right now as I am struggling.

DH and I are trying to move forward on our first DE cycle, but we are both caught up in high levels of anxiety. For me the anxieties are in no particular order: 1) it won't work because I don't believe in my body anymore; 2) we will waste huge amounts of money that we won't have (no insurance); 3) I'm scared of more heartbreak and sorrow if it doesn't work; 4) DE not working will cause a rift in our marriage because for him this is not a huge priority as he already has children; and 5) we won't be happy with our baby for some reason (sort of a vague fear but sometimes I worry that he/she could be a mean, nasty child). DH's fears (I think) are 1) he won't love the DE baby as much as his children; 2) it won't work and we will waste a lot of money we don't have; 3) we won't be happy with our baby for some reason; and 4) we are already very busy and he is overwhelmed with the thought of having another child.

It is hard to find time to talk about things. We are paralyzed right now, trying a few more natural cycles before moving on (never?). If you have any thoughts that would help us move forward, I would be so grateful. Thanks very much.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. hang in there (child men't) - birdy1600 on May 8
    1. thanks so much ! - Antonialisa on May 8

2. Reading the post (preg and m/c ment) - Mrs. M on May 8
    1. thanks! - Antonialisa on May 8

3. No wisdom, but welcome! (OE child ment) - Emilyr99 on May 8
  5. Let go of those fears (OE and DE child ment) - Raindrops1 on May 9
    1. Oh and also..... - Raindrops1 on May 9
      1. Thanks so much for the very kind post - Antonialisa on May 9

6. its understandable - THK on May 10
  8. Hi Antonialisa - HopefulCely on May 10
  10. hi there - smrc on May 10
  12. thanks to all..and update - Antonialisa on May 12
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement