Return to Index  

Not upper 40's but feel compelled to comment on health (pg ment)

May 9 2012 at 10:43 AM
Christine  (Login CTSmithie)

Response to POLL: How many of you wonderful Ladies are in your upper forties??? and

I'm 41, will be 42 in July, and am finally pg with twins (7 weeks). Been TTC with IVF since age 36 (DE since 39).

I have been overweight (BMI of 30, size 14-ish) since about age 30. In the last 2 years I lost 35 lbs, got to a size 8 and a "normal" BMI of 24.9 (the very upper end of normal, but normal nonetheless). I tracked everything I ate and worked out a few times a week at boot camp style classes and doing yoga.

Losing weight and getting strong really helped me gain confidence and feel better about myself despite the sadness that came from multiple failures.

I haven't been working out since my transfer on April 9th. First I was taking it easy during the 2ww and now I'm just too tired and often feel a little queasy. I can't wait to move past this period so I can get back to exercising. I really want to stay as strong and healthy as possible throughout this pg.

I wish you best of luck.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement