Return to Index  

((huge hugs)) (kids/ success)

May 12 2012 at 10:48 AM
Kenny  (Login Kenny2006)
Moderators

Response to Antidepressants?

I'm so very sorry, I have battled this too. ttc was a very, very long road for us, we've been at it now for ten years - first primary IF then to have a sib, with lots of losses along the way even with DE. With each loss I think I sank a little deeper. It's truly awful. I finally started taking lexapro in between our kids and it made such a HUGE difference. Then after DD2 was born I suffered such severe PPD that I did want to end it - which made me feel REALLY crazy, since I had everything I've always wanted. (Just be aware that the IF depression can and will give way to PPD - you will be more at risk having suffered IF, per studies.) Since I am nursing I'm on zol*oft right now which is safe, and I can't tell you how much better I feel. It can take a long while even once starting meds to feel better, so don't delay, if you're already feeling this bad. I waited until I actually thought about ending it, and then thought OMG, what am I doing??? When DH got home from work I went running out the door to the urgent care for an rx, as my Ob couldn't fit me in (another rant - suicidal patient, SEE THEM, lol). I'm so, so sorry you are going through this. Please don't try to tough it out especially if you've already done or are doing talk therapy - get to a doctor and try some meds, as that can take a while to find the right one and the right dose, and you do NOT want to give up on life before the really great stuff happens - AND IT WILL, I PROMISE!!! Hang in there. Love,
Kenny (and the rest of your board friends)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. P.S. I did not take the meds while pg... - Kenny on May 12
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement