Return to Index  

deciding to turn to DE...

May 19 2012 at 12:45 PM
  (Login LB13)

Hi there. I have been reading all of your posts with interest for a while now. You are all helpful, supportive, and inspirational. I have looked with interest for posts (including the index) that may mirror my situation, but haven't really found anything and would love to know if any of you have thoughts for me. I'm a single mom-to-be, 45 years old who has been TTC with OE and anonymous donor sperm for 2.5 years. My FSH has remained a low 6 during that time. I started by doing IUIs since my antral follicle count was very good (over 16.) I got pg with OE on 6th IUI (no meds) at 43.5. Miscarried at 7 weeks before heartbeat. I then moved to IVFs, doing a few IUIs between IVF cycles with no success. I have done 5 IVFs, all with varying protocols at several different clinics. They all went perfectly - 4 cycles retrieved 8-9 eggs, 4 "perfect" 3 day embryos transferred - one resulted in a chemical, the rest BFN. My last IVF at 44.5 yrs old resulted in 22 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized, 6 blasts of good quality frozen for a FET. BFN. My last two IVFs were only frozen transfer to attempt to treat my potential immune issues prior to transfer and because one doc had better luck with FET with older women (and indeed - one of those resulted in my chemical.) Re immune issues: I have Hashimotos Disease, but it has been normal for 2 years with taking of synthroid. My TPO antibodies are still high and there is no way to lower them. I have also tested positive for 2 clotting genes prothromb. and MTHFR - but having researched this and consulted with professionals, we are all unconvinced that those defects are causing me to not get pg. or m/c, especially given my normal results on all other clotting genes. (Clotting m/c tend to happen later in pg than my m/c, which more likely indicate bad egg.) My doctors have encouraged me to move to DE at this point. They think that my problem is that although I have a lot of eggs for my age - they are all bad. I did get pg again (naturally from guy I was dating) 2 months ago and miscarried at 6 weeks. I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel on my eggs, but it's difficult because I make a good amount and they always look so good on Day 3 or Day 5 under the microscope. My doctors have said that unfortunately, that doesn't matter and that age trumps those findings - and in fact a good FSH and good Day 3 results can actually do older women more of a disservice than anything.
Anyway, sorry for the rambling, but I just hadn't really seen any postings addressing moving to DE when you are still making "good" eggs and have a lot of eggs - but it's just not working and you start to wonder, well it could take 1 more month or it could take 6 or 7 or never and how long do I want to wait? thanks for reading...

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. AMH? pregnancy mentioned... - green.elephant on May 19
    1. thanks for your reply... - shira on May 19

2. Hi Shira. (OE ad DE child ment.) - Raindrops1 on May 19
  4. Hi Shira (OE, m/c, chem. ment) - sugar on May 20
  6. Shira I can relate to your post....m (pg ment/child ment) - Hope2009 on May 21
    1. thanks... - shira on May 21

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement